WordCamp Kent is looking for speakers to inspire and inform attendees that include designers, developers, marketers, business owners, bloggers, and content strategists.
Sessions will be 45 minutes, with 25 – 30 minutes allotted for your talk and 15 – 20 minutes for Q & A and further discussion.
The deadline to submit your application is 11 PM EDT on Saturday April 15, 2017. You will be notified when a decision about your submission is made, no later than April 30.
General guidelines for speakers:
- We’ re looking for talks that are relevant to casual WordPress users, experienced developers, and anywhere between.
- You do not need to be a professional speaker, but you should be knowledgeable about the topic you are presenting.
- You are encouraged to apply even if you have never spoken at a WordCamp before. If you need some inspiration, take a look at some of the great talks published on WordPress TV.
- All submissions are reviewed by the organizer committee. Be prepared to submit your speaker slides or review your presentation with an organizer prior to the event if asked.
- Speakers will be provided free admission to WordCamp Kent 2017 and also get to attend a speaker dinner, but we cannot reimburse travel, lodging, or other expenses.
While all topics are welcome, we would like to see talks relating to:
- WordPress Fundamentals
- Blogging and Content Creation
- Design and User Experience
- Backend Development
- Marketing and Branding
- Running a WordPress Based Business
- Digital marketing & growth
KNOW SOMEONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SPEAK ? If you know a person who is a great speaker, or maybe a new speaker with tons of knowledge to share, and would like to nominate them to speak, get in touch via our Contact Form and let us know who it is, where they are located, and what it is they speak about, as well as a way for us to get in touch.
If you ‘d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.